Solutions tailored to meet specific requirements
Since the company started in 2004, OMS have developed a number of solutions which would be considered as one-offs when compared to our core business. Whilst projects such as this still draw on the core competencies of the business, they demand an alternative approach with added considerations with regards to development due to the nature of the client requirements.
Following a project briefing and the initial requirements have been captured, the Research and Development (R&D) team identify the appropriate technology to utilise for the project. Once this has been agreed and technical specifications have been signed off, the next stage is to begin Front End Engineering Design (FEED), followed by a more detailed design, which also requires sign off prior to progressing to the next phase - manufacturing, assembly and testing. Once complete, the team moves to the installation, deployment, or release, stages, which will require authorisation and final sign off by the client. After the project has been completed, OMS provide a full after sales support to ensure that our solution and your operation is performing to its full potential.
- Aircraft wing box measurement - a tool created to crawl through previously inaccessible aircraft wing and profile cavities which could offer additional storage; automatic wall alignment and adjustable head height, interfaced with a laser tracker;
- Bubble measurement - a tool to measure the quantity of bubbles delivered from a coffee machine into the top of a coffee cup which provided a quantifiable understanding of the customers first impression of their beverage
- Pipe exit monitoring system - a device which could track the critical movement of a pipe as it leaves a sea vessel in real time; reporting delivered via a GUI to the ships control room; developed to help reduce buckling risk
- Slate measurement system - an inline laser measurement system to provide the client with better understanding of the shape/dimension of individual slate pieces to ensure they are fit for purpose
Our expertise includes:
- Optical design
- PCB CAD design
- PCB manufacture and assembly
- Mechanical CAD design
- LabVIEW software development
- Precision engineering
- General assembly
- Project management
To find out more about how OMS can help develop your bespoke tools, projects or call us on +44 (0)1279 656038, contact us.
If you would like more information about our company or any of our services, click here →